About WPSI Implementation Efforts
Utilizing health equity as a guiding principle and centering efforts around the voices of both consumers and providers of preventive services, the Women’s Preventive Services Initiative strives to ensure quality preventive health care for every woman at every stage of life.
The Dissemination & Implementation Steering Committee (DISC) supports efforts of the Multidisciplinary Steering Committee through the implementation and dissemination of any new or revised clinical recommendations put forth by the Women’s Preventive Services Initiative and adopted by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Implementation efforts will build on currently existing programs and resources, and efforts will be driven by a broad coalition of stakeholders (for current membership, see the list below).
Nominations for membership to the 2019 DISC were solicited from a broad coalition of groups with a demonstrated commitment to implementing health care services for women across the lifespan, including national health professional organizations, advocacy organizations, and payers. Nominated representatives were asked to serve for 1 year with reappointment considered annually through the reapplication process
Nominations Under Review
Nominations for membership to the 2019 Dissemination & Implementation Steering Committee were accepted through January 31, 2019 and have been approved.
Members of the Dissemination & Implementation Steering Committee are responsible for the following activities:
- Increasing health care provider knowledge of preventive services through existing, adapted, and new tools and resources
- Increasing consumer knowledge of preventive services through existing, adapted, and new tools and resources
- Increasing utilization of Women’s Preventive Services Initiative recommendations and resources
Dissemination & Implementation Steering Committee member organizations for 2019 include the following:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- City MatCH
- Kaiser Permanente – Northern California
- National Association of County and City Health Officials
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- National Medical Association
- National Partnership for Women and Families
- National Women’s Law Center
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- United Healthcare